Planning activities into the student’s academic experience helps students connect to the world around them. Sports teach team work and cooperation among many additional skills. After school clubs, field trips, and extracurricular experiences help students see the new dimensions learning can take. As the students engage in the various activities, they find that learning contributes to every area of life.
Clubs at HAPA
Club activities meet after school on Mondays or Thursdays and are supervised by HAPA staff members. Some clubs available to students include: The Financial Challenge Bowl, drama, knitting and yearbook.
Club participation requires transportation arrangements on the part of the student and parental permission.
Middle school students have the option of joining girls’ or boys’ basketball, volleyball, Tai Kwon Do, soccer, and/or flag football. As the school looks forward to expanding, students will have even more opportunities. Athletic participation requires transportation arrangements on the part of the student and parental permission.
HAPA currently has Open Gym from 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays for students in middle and high school. Students may participate in Open Gym with parental permission and an understanding of the following expectations:
- Students will observe all school rules and regulations including dress code and bus ridership.
- Students will exemplify a peace builder character both in and out of school.
- Students must have parent’s written permission.
- Parents must provide transportation with pick up promptly at 4:45 p.m.
- Students must have a “C” or better grade in all school subject area.
- HAPA reserves the right to cancel Open Gym at any time.
If interested, students may pick up a permission slip in the office.