Support HAPA As HAPA is expanding. We look forward to working with community organizations and individuals who are interested in sharing our vision of developing a small school system supported by a cultural and community center. Our growth to a new facility in the fall of 2010 has opened the door for community members to give in new ways.
For those community members who prefer to give financially, the school is most grateful for your support in helping offer programs and a suitable facility in which students can feel dignified. Gifts can be designated toward particular programs and services (ex. Classroom field trips, science lab equipment, tutoring of newly arrived refugee students, parent programming, medical studies library). All donations are tax-deductible as Hmong American Peace Academy and the International Peace Academy are both nonprofit organizations and noninstrumentality charter schools. Thank you in advance for sharing in the joy of leading students toward a positive and productive future!
Donate services: landscaping design at our new facility, skills by leading afterschool enrichment programs and clubs, time and professional advice while serving as a committee member for one of our college career track s, kindness and concern as you mentor students so that they are confident and ready for college.
Donate opportunities: host our students on field studies, help provide us with a means of transportation for after school, recreational, athletic, and in school academic programming, host our students as interns or field students in one of our career fields (engineering, medical studies, law, business, humanities), sponsor learning opportunities by acting as benefactor of student trips and experiences that help build background understanding and cultural knowledge.
Donate time: Volunteer artistic talent in helping make our school a Hmong culture center, work with students as a volunteer, help our office staff during busy seasons, come learn about the Hmong culture. Click here for more information. Also, download our volunteer packet for more details.
- Professionals who will partner with our school through their organizations to create opportunities in the fields of engineering, law, medical studies, business, and humanities
- Functional science lab
- Functional engineering lab to house Project Lead the Way engineering studies
- Computer Lab
- Theater program materials
- Playground for elementary students (for more information and to watch a video click here.)
- Music and arts program equipment and materials (ex. Violins)
- Hmong artifacts, traditional designs in fabrics and clothing, written histories, photographs, newsreels of Vietnam
- that depict the Hmong, letters describing the encounters with the Hmong people prior to, during, and after the war
- Muralists who can help create authentic depictions of traditional Hmong life
- Sponsor senior students on a trip to Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos where they can connect with relatives and reconnect with their cultural roots on a field study to help students develop an appreciation to maintain their vanishing history and refine their language skills